What's The Nicest Thing Somebody Has Ever Said To You?



With the fascination and constant updating of Social Media, we're never too far away from a share of a questionable post, Facebook's top bragger or someone with one of those hard to look away posts. Social Media has allowed us to see everyones highs and not so many lows. Everyone gets to paint a perfect picture, which means that when we're actually faced with a low - we feel very alone. 

With all of this in mind, the daily struggles each of us face personally and the fact that it is estimated that one in four people in the UK will experience a mental health problem each year, while one in six experience a neurotic disorder such as anxiety or depression - it's inevitable that the problem is only going to get bigger. Life is more stressful than ever before, and the internet has given some of the causes a silver platter. 

With the recent articles that have hit the media about the lies behind being "Instagram Famous" I think it's time to spread as much positivity, whenever and wherever we can. It would be nice for our generation to be remembered for embracing peoples flaws and differences instead of bashing and shaming them for it. I do believe that we're getting there - slowly.  

Every now and then I come across a Facebook page, a Tumblr blog, a Twitter feed or an Instagram account that is uplifting in a world where most things are falsified and down right saddening. The key thing that these pages have in common is that it shows real life, real problems, real people - or something I can have a little giggle at! I keep these as my little treasures and when I'm feeling like Sadness from Inside Out, I take my iPhone and just scroll. I find it therapeutic to read some really meaningful shit. Shit that I read and smile with my eyes. Some make me cry, some make me smile. I gain perspective, and all in all, I know I feel a little calmer afterwards.

So let's be human.

Whats the nicest thing somebody has ever said to you?


For me, it was when I was having a bad time with my anxiety. I was sat crying in the car with my friend and she started telling me all these positive things about me. Me? No, that doesn't sound like me. I'm not that person you're describing. Why are we so harsh on ourselves? Why are we always the first to put ourselves down? Someone once told me, "you know it is okay to be your top supporter". But so many of us chose to immediately bash ourselves, and then wonder why our self-esteem is so low. 

She turned to me and said that what she loved most about me was how other people behaved when they were around me. That their demeanor seemed to change and I shed some sort of "light" on others. This honestly touched me like nothing else. For me, this was such a thoughtful, non-throw away comment. When I'm having any of my lows, I try to think of these little positives that others have passed my way. Our minds are our worst enemies at times, so this helps me get out of my funk (along with hot coco and my Winnie The Pooh hot water bottle).

Having been in a very negative relationship previously, I find it hard to forget the things that were said. We're very quick to believe the nasty things people say about us, but too many times has someone said something nice and instead of making me smile it gives me heaps of anxiety and tension. "Why are they saying that? They don't really mean it. They're just filling the silence. Do they actually mean the opposite?" - We need to learn to accept compliments!

I still remember this comment vividly, and I don't think she will ever understand just quite how much it touched me.

Lets share the kind words people have said to you and lets spread some positivity

Here are some of my favourite places to visit when I need to dwell, uplift, or just need to get a bit lost in some scrolling;

inkskinned
-hope-for-the-hopeless-
tuesdayalissialogan

Twitter;
@MurrayNewlands
@SincerelyTumblr
@Pretty52


Facebook;
BuzzFeed Life 
HuffPost Good News
The Debrief

The Debrief
One of my all time favourites was an Instagram account: @drunk_on_positivitea. Sadly, the girl behind the name has stopped posting due to being too busy with life. Here's hoping she'll find the time to come back and spread the love. 



Like what you read? Follow me on BlogLovin' to keep updated with all my posts
bloglovin symbol

Not on BlogLovin'? Drop me a follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment