Sheet Masks - Are They Worth The Hype? Take 2!



So, it would seem the next craze on the beauty scene are Bio-Cellulose Sheet Masks. I'm not sure if you seen my recent review on Timeless Truth eye mask, but now I'm trying When Travelmate Face mask that I received in one of my Birchbox's. I love these masks as they are

like a mini spa facial but in the comfort of your own home. There's no fussing, sticky fingers or left-over mud under your chin. It's all very chic, and perfect for a pamper night that's well deserved and well needed. 



What is When Travelmate?


Travelmate helps you soothe the skin when it is damaged by UV rays, wind, dry cabin air and travel fatigue. Its Swiss Alpine herb extracts gently hydrate your skin, and other natural ingredients help you restore moisture and a healthy glow. Ingredients such as glycerin and sodium hyaluronate moisturize, while extracts from grapefruit seed, bamboo stem, pine leaf, and ginseng help to keep skin healthy and stunning. Perfect for these cold, winter months we're getting!

It's a high-quality face mask that uses a bio-cellulose sheet created by fermenting coconut juice (fancy, right?). When describe its masks as containing a high volume of fluid that's very effective in transferring the liquid nutrients to skin due to its ultrafine, three-dimensional structure. Its also described as comfortable and has a soft texture design to perfectly fit all face shapes.

Sounds pretty damn good and the packaging is pretty snazzy too. 

What's the verdict?


The mask is secured by sheet paper and plastic film, which proved quite difficult to get in to. Getting the actual mask out of the protective layers was really fussy, which takes away the fuss free feeling from using sheet masks, but I got there in the end. When I was eventually ready to begin my spa at home, I placed the mask on my face and found it didn't quite fit my face as they originally claimed. It was far too big which meant it kept sliding off. I kept having to adjust the mask to ensure I was taking in the serum, which as you can imagine wasn't as relaxing as I was hoping for.

I must be honest, even with all this fidgeting, I really liked the mask and am definitely a fan of sheet masks altogether. I took the mask off and rubbed the rest of the serum in to my face and neck as instructed. My face definitely felt generally better overall, and I think it looked a lot fresher. Here are my before and after pictures (which I'm so nervous about posting!). I do find that my face looks plumper and smoother.




They cost £25.00 for a pack of 4, which is quite steep. I wouldn't be buying these to use every week, but for a treat I think they're perfect. I can't imagine the results you'd have if you were using these constantly. No wonder these celebs have the skin they do! I approve (but if you don't have much patients, a face mask in a tub may be a better option for you!).




Like what you read? Follow me on BlogLovin' to keep updated with all my posts
bloglovin symbol
Not on BlogLovin'? Drop me a follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment